Section A - 6 Questions - answer all
Section B - 2 questions - compulsory to answer any 1 question
Section C - 2 questions - compulsory to answer any 1 question
Q 1 - structure question
Q2 - structure question
Q3 - planning of experiment
Topics to study:(paper 2 +3)
1.structure of atom / periodic table
- electron arrangement, period, group, size, electronegativity, melting/boiling point, ionic/covalent bond -draw the formation.
2. electrolytic cell / voltaic cell
3. carbon compounds - homologous series - reactions of alkene, alcohol and carboxylic acid
4. salt - preparation of soluble salt (not K, Na and ammonium), heating of salt, gas test etc.
5. heat of neutralisation
6. heat of combustion
7. Rate of reaction - temperature, catalyst, concentration
8. using collision theory to explain the rate of rection
9.formation of ionic and covalent compound - draw and explain.
10.pH and acid.
11.exothermic and endothermic reaction.
12. construct the ECS using different metals.